By Portis Wasp
I came across Mickey Cupid’s stupidly infectious sound a couple of months ago and I’ve had stars in my eyes ever since. The accomplished duo, made up of New York based Marcus Harmon and Brussels born Matt Nannetti, serve up aggressive beats coupled with killer melodies that makes for a sound that is both current but still very much its own beast.
I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to ask the boys five very important questions for Scotcampus, so here you are, five questions with… your new favourite guilty-pleasures, Mickey Cupid…
1. A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
Matt: The occasional cigarette. I quit smoking some time ago but…
Marcus: Shitty reality television.
2. A song that makes your heart skip a beat?
Matt: Jeff Buckley – Everybody Here Wants You
Marcus: Biggie – Me & My Bitch
[youtube id=”nrMwgTc69y4″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
[youtube id=”rueScMSnRP4″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
3. If the world were coming to an end and you were allowed one last kiss, who would be lucky enough to land on your lips?
Matt: My one true love, Danica.
Marcus: I’d find a mirror quickly and kiss my reflection.
4. Which item of clothing in your closet gets most wear and why?
Matt: A Levi’s denim jacket I bought in Rome… such a confidence boost when I wear it.
Marcus: My Kenzo tiger sweater, because tigers are cool and Kenzo is pretty rad!
5. What never fails to make you smile?
Matt: An episode of South Park… just thinking about it already puts a smile on my face!
Marcus: Lobster and Whisky.